Studio209 on You Tube

How old to Vote?

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Coffee Grinder

I decided to get a coffee bean grinder. Starbucks has screwed up my order 3 times in the past 6 months, I even started getting half pound bags because of it, but I ask for them to grind it for Espresso, and I get it home and it is not ground for Espresso. Well, now I can buy my coffee beans at Wegmans, or anywhere and ground them myself as I need it, and not limited to Espresso, but regular coffee too. I haven't used my regular coffee brewer except once in the last 6 weeks. I am getting ready to store it. And to think I was looking to buy another one for spare parts a few blogs ago, because they discontinued the model I use. Don't get me wrong, it still makes the best coffee, I just drink too much when I brew it. I am down to about 4-5, 4 ounce espressos', or Cafe Breve (espresso shot with a little cream, and about 1- 1 1/2 ounces of hot water) a day. Then I usually buy a 12 or 16 ounce regular coffee when I am out and about, or at work. So I have averaged about 28 - 35 ounces of coffee a day. Much better then the 50 -66 or more ounces I had been drinking! I often wonder too, how many tip when they buy something from Starbucks, or Dunkin Donuts? If you are paying 2.50 for a Red Eye, and then add tip, that is an expensive drink. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I used to work in the food/hospitality industry, but I just don't see giving a tip when you are paying those types of prices. I think Mcdonalds coffee is just as good and half the price. And just to note, if you are watching your sodium intake, Dunkin Donuts is 60mg per 10 ounces, and the other big 2, Starbucks and Mcdonalds are 10mg per 10 ounces. I have put this down from memory, as I researched it over a year ago, but I will look it up again, just to make sure I am quoting the right figures.

No comments: