Studio209 on You Tube

How old to Vote?

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Aperture Nature Photography Workshops Contest

Oh well my Saddleback Caterpillar Photo didn't get me to the workshop. A week in Jacksonhole, Wy at the Grand Tetons would of been real nice. Beleive it or not, 3 out of the 4 pictures chosen pictures were scenic views, or landscapes, heavily edited, HDR, IR and looked more like Thomas Kincade oil paintings than natural real photographs.
I would think nature, natural, plants, animal, bugs, insects, fish... not all scenery and landscapes would of been the chosen winning pictures. Where is the rationel for each selection? The reason it was picked, and why?s Just the pictures, no explanations for the selections given.(To see the picture I submitted, look in my Insect, bug... gallery by clicking on one of the Photrade links)

Tonight I think I will add 2 of the grape pictures I took around the farm, from my Cherry and Grapes gallery. One of the pictures looks like raisins on the vine, dried up, and the other one was on the ground, and has a bite taken out of it by a bird.

In the next day or two I will have to post a picture of my iPhone page with all the Kanji and Japanese Language apps I have installed on my iPhone. Almost a whole page full (you can have 16 total apps on one page). Later I will give a brief explanation about the language and what it entails to learn it, pronounciation, written, graphic... , and today I ran into a stranger at work with a Kanji tatoo. I asked him if he knew what it meant. He said he, and a few of his close friends all have the same tattoo. They researched it, and he said it was Chinese for Eternal Life. Which would be right because the Japanese Language evolved out of Chinese Language, and that is where we will pick up the rest of the story later on the Jananese Language. I looked up Eternal Life on my iPhone App, Jishobot: English/Japanese Dictionary, and there were 3 results for Eternal Life, and his Kanji tatoo was one of them.

No comments: