Studio209 on You Tube

How old to Vote?

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Wow, what a busy weekend! Not even any time to micro blog on one of my many distractions, err I mean hobbies. Went out Saturday morning to take pictures of my Bell Peppers finally turning yellow, and noticed the tomato horn worm neatly camoflaged in their among the pepper plants. See the 2 pictures here off to the right, or I have 3 on my Photrade gallery. It is covered with the cocoons of the Braconid wasp, and I heard not to destroy because they are beneficial wasps, and that this caterpillar is doomed.
Then I cooked 2 large Pork Loins in the Big Green Egg ceramic grill, and came out with 6 total pounds of meat, and I also grilled 2 big Red Beets from the garden. The red beets tasted really good.
My house is 70 miles away so I usually head up there every 2 - 3 weeks to cut the grass, check things out, etc..., stopped in at my Mom's today too, and had some of her famous Chile, so finally back on the farm, and settling down for the evening. Gonna be nice the next few months with Autumn just around the corner. The pumpkin fields are overflowing with pumpkins, the air is getting cooler and crisper, and pretty soon we will be smelling the leaves burning all around the area, as the people clean up their yards. The Sun is setting lower, and the light is at a different angle and color, and then the big orange Harvest Moon to top it all off! I don't think I could ever live anywhere that doesn't have a change of seasons!

No comments: